Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My New Least Favorite Word


My new least favorite word is Adaptation.

Adaptation: The word used to teach the theory of Evolution to our kids.


Organisms that are adapted to their environment are able to:
  • Obtain air, water, food and nutrients.
  • Cope with physical conditions such as temperature, light and heat.
  • Defend themselves from their natural enemies..
  • Reproduce.
  • Respond to changes around them.
Adaptations enable living organisms to cope with environmental stresses and pressures. Adaptation can be structural or behavioral. Structural adaptations are special body parts of an organism that help it to survive in its natural habitat.
An adaptation is a positive characteristic of an organism that has been favored by natural selection. The concept is central to biology , particularly in evolutionary biology .

Evolutionary biology is a sub-field of biology concerned with the origin and descent of species, as well as their change, multiplication, and diversity over time. One who studies evolutionary biology is known as an evolutionary biologist.

I heard this word first on a 2nd grade field trip I chaperoned to a wild life refuge. They must have said the word 50 times in the lecture about the different animals and how they each changed... excuse me adapted to fit their environmental needs. My ears perked up then and my Jesus sense went ok not right just do some explaining later and correct the bad info. Later I found that in my sons lessons from his school science book this word is used many many times as well. On his test it asks him how this animal and that has adapted. I know it is not illegal to teach evolution in the school systems. But it has I thought always been stated as a theory now it is not taught in this manner at all but rather, starting at a young age planting it in our kid's heads as fact.

Me, I stick the biblical Noah's ark. I tend to think on the line of if Adam and Eve lived 900 years what would a 900 year old, none stop growing, iguana look like. Mmmm maybe a dinosaur...?

Well that is my blah for the day. I encourage us all to evolve... excuse me adapt to being involved with what our kids are learning, especially in their science books!

God Bless,
Stay simply His!, nora
--
Smile! Jesus Loves You!

3 comments:

  1. I always find it rather disturbing when someone goes off the deep end overusing the wrong name for God which is what Jesus is that is derived from Zeus. That is what Constantine wanted Christians to call Gods Son. Satan and the devils used this Roman emperor to ruin Christianity and he did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who do not repent of rudely and disrespectfully erasing comments God eventually will punish in the next life Joe knows this to be true especially when they are rude about it and do not give a example of what they do not like saidApril 23, 2020 at 11:27 PM

    Its true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is disgraceful showing video recording and photos of homeless wandering beggars while around our whole entire world that should have ended along with putting all of the world's prisons out of business because Satan owns prisons.

    ReplyDelete