Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Follow the Lord your God!"


John 1:35-42 Summarized

"Look the Lamb of God" shouted John the baptist

They heard... Two of them followed Jesus.

"What do you want?" Jesus asked.

"Rabi, where are you staying?"

"Come" He replied, "and you will see."

So they went.

One of them, Andrew, sought out his brother first thing. " We have found the Messiah!" Then he brought his brother to Jesus. Jesus renamed this man Peter.


Often we are so empowered by the fact that God will not leave us nor forsake us that we forget something huge. He said take up your cross and follow Him... not our own every spontaneous desire or whim. I know I am guilty of not putting HIM first in everyday. I have my agendas, my appointments, tasks, phone calls to make. I used to daily sit and write down a list and then seal it in an envelope. I would then read my bible and give my day to him "your will not mine God." Then having written down my plan I would not look at it again. I would remember what ever was important and thank God when he changed the agenda to something more important as the day progressed. Perhaps envelopes got too expensive or more likely I got lazy.. but for what ever reason I got out of this habit. My Goal after reading this passage is to ask God... "Where are you staying each day... God where are you working and need me most." I know he will say "Come and you will see."



Am I following or still fighting to take the lead?
Am I a tree, a plant, a sprout or still a tiny seed?

What effort, What cost, What steps, What habits lost?

Does my heart desire to dwell, to be close, and belong,
Or turn away, this way and that, to sing it's own bland song?

Oh Lord, my Lord How Majestic is Your Name in all the earth! How beautiful you are to me!
Oh Lord, my Lord, How Marvelous, How wondrous you are, Open up my eyes and let me see!

Feed me, Love me, heal me, guide me, set me free!
Take me by the hand I want to be where you want to be!

With in your hand is my life, my purpose, my initial worth.
My Jesus, My Rock, Your will be done in heaven and on earth.

I want to follow you, to be where you are, take the Lead!
I want to be a fruit bearing tree, a shining star, no longer a seed!

No comments:

Post a Comment