Friday, January 15, 2010

A Night at the Laundromat


Washing machines are my view, empty ones all in a row. I imagine them swishing and swashing, swirls of colors or whites. No label reading , size comparing; just clothes doing what all clothes end up doing. They get thrown in with a crowd to be washed all together in no particular favorite ranking order. Kinda degrading thinking of it in that way...

You might be wondering my circumstance. Am I sitting, stranded, car broken down, with out two quarters or a cell phone? No. I chose this place. I drove past the Starbucks, and all the other local cafe's. I drove my car into the Laundry Land's parking lot and deemed this place perfect. The place I was in fact looking for now found. No, I do not have laundry anyone can see to wash and dry and fold neatly into a tiny round basket. No, I am not looking to hook up with anyone. I am, in fact, here to practice my invisibility ability. You see while I might not have physical dirty jeans to be dry cleaned (Who does that) I do, however, have a heavy duty sized load of mental laundry to sort out.

I thought of going to a church and sitting in a pew hoping no one...the janitor, stray pastor, or prayer warrior would notice me practicing my not so super invisibility power. Nothing against those people, I just need The BIG DADDY of us all to help me with my Laundry and no one else will do. I was about to give up my search for a perfect place when "ting" God showed me this place. The local laundromat is my answered prayer. Open till 10pm, you don't have to wait to be seated or feel like you have to order to stay seated. No latte to drink, after hours that coffee should be indulged, to temp me. Here I sit, Me, My Pencil, My Pad, My Bible all ready to clean my dirty laundry. Where to begin? What category to start sorting out first.
"God do your best...Have at me."

I begin with Sins Needing to Be Forgiven: Lord I snapped at my kids more than once today, in fact more than ten times... My patience grows thin and instead of rely on your strength and love I have said things both out loud and in my mind that have hurt the ones I love. I don't understand things, situations, instead of seeking truth, I made assumptions, wrong assumptions that caused discord instead of peace in my marriage as well as other relationships.

My Worries: my kids, my husband, my family, my friends, their health, their education, their spiritual everyday Joy, their salvation, their financial security, their marriages, and mine.

My to do list: Time. Time with you God. Time with my family, and friends. More time to teach my kids. Time to full fill my homemaking to do lists. Time=love=Time well spent. So God give me time for what matters most and help make what does not matter not seem so important so it won't keep taking up so much of my time.

Lord forgive me my faults. Wash me clean. Help me start new again each day. Lord fill in where I am lacking. Make me a better mom than I am. Create in me a pure heart, stand in my gaps and grow in me the ability to be the wife my husband needs, the daughter and sister I am meant to be. Teach me dear Best Friend, how to be a friend to others in genuine ways. May you build my love for others on your solid rock. That those who call me friend may see you and know you more through me.

I praise you God for All you have done. I PRAISE YOU GOD! You took me from feeling like a Zero to now knowing, because of you I can be a Hero. I don't need a cape, or the ability to fly, or even the ability to sing so high glass shatters. All I need is you and your love to share with the world.

Thanks be to God my King my everything! Amen

In the words of Max Lucado
"God does not want our heads to keep HIS love from our hearts!"
So in the words of ...me, "Therefore we should do our mental laundry daily and not let it stack up and keep us from the one we need the most!"

Lord I lay it all down so that the one (that being you God) that over came the world can over come mine as well!

To all who read this, Good night, Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite or smelly mental laundry ruin a good nights sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment