Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Behold, Believe, Look to Jesus!

Sermon Notes from Real Life 
John 3:1-21


Jesus Is  Greater Than Our Systems!

Jesus is not defined by our earthly human traditions, systems, programs etc. Jesus does not fit nicely in a box to be pulled out when ever we want a nice reminiscing moment of good times. As we turn our hearts towards him and begin to let ourselves believe, not just that he exists or even the fact that he died for us. When we can believe in him as we believe in our spouse to bring home the bacon, or pay  the bills, or believe in our children to have the ability inside them to do the right thing, or accomplish great things. This is the kind of belief in God I am talking about. It begins with a humble heart to approach Jesus in a way that says I need more; I am not enough on my own. Humility comes when we relinquish control and make Jesus greater than our routines we are so comfortable in. Jesus said in John chapter 3 "we can not enter into the kingdom of heaven unless we are born again." We must be born into the Spiritual Kingdom of God and it is only possible by allowing the Spirit of God into our life, trusting him enough, believing in Him enough to let him change us, help us, teach us, and bring new life inside us to shine His light through us.

Jesus is the fulfillment of our Faith.

The goal in our life is not to get better at our routines or our systems. It is to draw deeper into a relationship with Jesus. As we draw closer to the one who created us we come to know who we are and who we are meant to be and this is when we begin to shine. Our dreams God planted deep with in us will come true and our faith in God is fulfilled by our best friend, counselor, prince of peace, Jesus leading our every step.
Behold! Believe! Look To Jesus the author and finisher of your Faith!

Jesus Brings Light  to our Hearts.

As we draw closer to Jesus his light shines on our flaws and we have the tendency to cringe back in fear or lack of comfort. Sin is uncomfortable and not easy to face. Jesus wants us to face it and deal with it so that we can be free of it. He does not want us to deal with it alone. When we walk with him and draw close to him and sin in our life is revealed, he is not condemning us or telling us to fix it or else. He desires to help us, together hand in hand with Jesus we face it, confess it, turn from it,  find people Jesus gives us to keep us accountable to stay away from the sin that is causing bondage. Jesus came to set us free! Free from every thing that is holding us back from being at peace, full of joy, and pursuing all we are meant to be.

1 John chapter 1 verse 7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light and not run from exposure Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin."

James chapter 5 verse 16 " Therefore,  Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. the prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

We Conclude with these thoughts

Approach Jesus in Humility, and begin to Believe in him, Place your trust in Him.
Make Jesus the Goal of your Life!
Make a choice to walk into the light.
Choose to stay in the Light walking with Jesus!  






13 comments:

  1. Why would a loving God say I want you to burn in hell thats why I am not going to tell you about the Devil when you eat a fruit that I should have forewarned you about says "God"?September 7, 2015 at 8:43 PM

    I wanted Adam to be evil I suppose otherwise I would have given him a heads up about Belial and at least would have been man enough to make him more mature and intelligent enough to wear clothes says God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God the powerless infinite being that cant stop even a fly.September 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM

    I am very sorry I wanted Adam to sin against me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked at ladies bosoms and their deep cleavages with the shadow that those cleavages create and have had my penis become erect a few times and eventually when I was in the bathroom at church on Sunday have seen semen oozing a drop from my penis onto my foot with my shoe on. But they are not keeping the Sabbath holy by getting me sexually aroused showing off their awesome cleavage is morally and spiritually wrong.September 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM

    I am being damn straight with you homeys. Word to your mothers. And the cum from my cock oozed when developed a drop of semen when I pulled down my underwear and pants while in front of a toilet. That was good. laughs out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that I said this if it offended anyone. I did not mean it.

      Delete
    2. It is a sin against God to say this comment has been erased or to use the word removed that is wrong.May 14, 2020 at 12:38 AM

      That is true.

      Delete
  4. God the not so mighty says I love seeing people become homeless because of satan loving leaders in govenmentsSeptember 7, 2015 at 9:45 PM

    God should have looked down on governments, jails, harlotry, slavery and homelessness should have all been called evil in the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God almighty says I am very sorry that I made earthlings with their spirits being impurified by demons and imprisoned in their earthly prisons when I should have made one man and not bothered with women unless I wanted to make female demons for the male demons.September 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM

    After all if I was King of Kings then why wouldn't I make for myself a female deity if I claim to be king? That only makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ogden the tavern keeperSeptember 7, 2015 at 9:57 PM

    Thank goodness you have returned. Much has changed since you lived here my friend, All was peaceful until the dark riders came and destroyed our village, Many were cut down where they stood and those who took up arms were slain or dragged away to become slaves or worse. The church at the edge of town has been desecrated and is being used for dark rituals. The screams that echo in the night are inhuman but some of our townsfolk may yet survive. Follow the path that lies between my tavern and the blacksmith shop to find the church and save who you can. Perhaps I can tell you more if we speak again. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it not too bad that God did evil by putting evil Satan and demons in us? How is that good so that billions of people have to suffer for thousands of centuries and be sent to hell in the next life?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gods Son today is still being called the wrong name. Satan wanted people to call Him Jesus. Everyone is really calling him Zeus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zombies don't exist. The belief in zombies is demonic. Too bad God made us all like them with no free will but to sleep every night and to have a insatiable appetite and insatiable thirst where a little food and drink is never good enough unless we eat and drink three hundred and sixty five days of the year. That and always stinking under the armpits and having hair that can never stay permanently clean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would want the Christian anarchists to rebel and overthrow the wicked and satanic governments including in North America. But they are too afraid to do so. Instead they would rather be living in slavery to laws that are satanic and wicked like a sexual hassling lie and a drug law that Satan wanted passed in North America. They would have had a Christian country if they had put me first instead of Obama, Clinton, Ford, Nixon, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for calling Tabitha names. I am also sorry for putting words in Yahweh's mouth by insinuating that He wants people to overthrow the government which is a lie because I am just sinning by listening to the devils. I am also sorry I called the person who removes comments names. I guess the devils made me do that to call two people names. Fortunately God in His love and mercy can forgive me for calling people names.

      Delete