Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 6 Boot Camp


Short but sweet. A quick run down on the hows and how comes. Well I thought I would do this "boot camp" on the week days and relax on the weekend. I mean really, who gets up at five am everyday? The problem... Starting a habit takes more than five days. If you break the pattern every five days that you are trying to start, it is like starting all over again. Well I had a three day weekend of sleeping in. Needless to say I slept in yesterday. God did not tip my butt out of bed. Nor did I have my own personal rain cloud suddenly appear and soak me till I either drown or got out of bed. No, I started schooling behind schedule and slept till 8am. Missing all time with my Jesus and any time to sanely figure out how to walk out the day. I drug my feet, schooled , napped, schooled, napped some more, schooled then had a meeting to get to, so off to McDonalds for coffee. May I just say this: adrenaline brought on by a double shot frappe does not disguise me into looking like I have it all together... all prayed up an all. Uhg. please do not try this, caffeine does not replace or come any where near making up for the lack of holy spirit to guide one through a meeting with people you are suppose to be helping to train.... Church meeting?.... You guessed it. I do believe I cracked a few ill noted jokes...trying to make up for my lack of readiness. Praise God I was not in charge of the meeting or we all would have been up a crick. As it turned out I was the side kick, bad comic relief. I do hope my dear friend leading the meeting was not too put off by me. AWE but on to better days. Today is day six. I am up and ready for the day. After spending time on my knees being filled and emptied and filled some more I only have one regret. I wish I would have gotten up at four. I want more time with God. I am so hungry for more wisdom, more knowledge, more of Him.

Signing off for now, God bless all you who are reaching for the coffee right about now:) I know that is where I am headed. Hey the holy spirit is amazing and absolutely heart pounding, worth getting up and being filled with. But lets face it, breaking two habits in one whack...sleeping too much and coffee... are you crazy? Perhaps some day I will switch to tea but that is not in the near future. Praise God for his love and mercy, his newness he has for us every morning!
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment