Sunday, August 28, 2011

Choices

Life is full of choices; decisions to go to the left or to the right, up our path or down. There are bad choices and good ones; joyous out-comes and deteriorating consequences. Each day we will choose when we rise and when we lay down, when we smile or frown. We choose to love or hate, to be graciously kind, or to complain. We choose God to rule our day or try and force things to go our way.  

Isaiah: 66 3-4
They have chosen their own ways, and they delight in their abominations; so I also will choose harsh treatment for them and will bring on them what they dread. For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened. They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.”

Today I choose to live in victory and not let life's circumstances negate my positive state. Today I choose to be healthy in my body, my spirit and my mind. I will not let stress be my excuse to desecrate my health. I choose to meditate on the word, on things above, things that are excellent and worthy of my contemplation. I will take my thoughts captive that are not beneficial to my joy, my peace, my happiness that God so wonderfully gives.  I choose to live my life in the moment that I am, giving my loved ones my full attention they seek.  I choose this day to not stand on my tight rope of self reliability, but rather I choose to stand on the strong shoulders of God who holds my feet and keeps me from falling even when I am weak. I Trust in the Lord, my God to be my all in all this day and the next. This day I give to Him to help me succeed in the choices I have made. I f today I stumble and fail to comply, if I compromise and forget, tomorrow I will start again. I will learn to keep my word to myself, my loved ones and my God! Each day we are given is a new day with no mistakes in it....yet:)

Thank you Jesus for your ever Faithfulness! Praise you for your embrace and grace! Guide my steps today
 Help today be victorious and not another disgrace. Amen

Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

2 comments:

  1. Some of us like to make wrong choices by permanently removing comments and not respectfully putting it back where it belongs whether we like what was said or not. Or at least let them erase their comments themselves that would have been more christian than doing it like this. Joe knowsApril 23, 2020 at 11:53 PM

    Its true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criticizing, judging and erasing comments is a choice. And it does not honor God when its done either unless the person who makes those comments is allowed to erase their own comments even if they comment without using their names.

    ReplyDelete