Thursday, August 18, 2011

So much

So much has been going on in my life since my last blog. I had a most rejuvenating retreat with the Women of our church. I was filled to the brim with love. At one point I had 5 friends praying for me and speaking into my life meaning, clarity, and wisdom. I came home refreshed, healed and ready to take on the world. I chose to leave my sickness at the alter and claim prayers already answered. Though I still have bad days of pain I can push the pain and frustration from it behind my head most days and continue on with life, living it fully and laugh with my family through, yes, even migraines. God is for us not against us and I know he is healing this me one step in his direction at time. The more I open up myself to my past, memories, unfortunate circumstances and let go of lies I have claimed as truth, I find I am more and more victorious in my everyday life and health struggles as well.

The testing always comes or rather we are filled to the brim before the storms of life hit so as to be able to hold strong and make it through. Our basement has been a project ever since we moved into our little home 11 years ago. We finished it..well good enough to have our kiddo's with their own separate rooms and for the rest to be used as well. My husband had a gaming/star wars toy collection room, me my exercise area and laundry folding station. Oh and yes we have no garage, so our storage was kept down there all neatly stashed away out of sight:) A few months after we moved my daughter down the stairs officially our basement flooded with City sewer backup water from a clogged drain caused by a ridiculous storm. Our insurance does not cover acts of God, nor does the city for that matter. So we were stuck with the blow our selves. The clean up was atrocious, not to mention gross. The amount of stuff the kids and my husband and I had to throw away came to 9,000.  The repair estimate was 7,000 plus. However, we have a family of people related by blood and by the cross. We were given 1,500 by friends and family. People donated dressers throw rugs, shelves, their time. There were a few days of complete shock where I did not feel like I could move from letting pain back to the for front of my vision and the circumstances over whelm me. I would pray. I would pray some more. I prayed for God's healing and praised him for his help and his hand in keeping us safe. I praised him for the plan I could not yet see being in the eye of the storm. Yes I praised him through tears and sobs and pain. He surrounded us and held us tight as a family. We worked endlessly to get my kids rooms back to them. They slept on the couch, at grandparents houses, and then in a room that only had enough room for their bunk bed that's it. They had no space of their own for two and a half months. But we pulled through. No the basement is not finished but they have their rooms back. No they do not have as many toys as they used to. But believe me when I tell you what they have is enough. There is peace in our home again.

God is so much more than a genie in a bottle to call upon when we are board or in trouble. God is so much more than a friend to talk to when we are feeling down. God is so much more than a ruler setting morals to follow or be dealt with. He is more than my dad, and more than my counselor. God is, God was , and will always be. He is my all in all! He is my past, present and future. I praise him for being GOD Almighty creator of the universe yet the holder of my hand and the shoulder I cry on and the one who wipes off the dirt from my skirt, after picking me up in his arms of comfort time and time again! Praise God For he is. HE IS! and always will be! 

2Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

The healing I pray for is with in my own body and the bodies and spirits of others I love. Though this land of people we live in needs so much healing as well. If we would but humble ourselves, know we do not have all the answers. If we would pray and seek His face. If we would turn from our selfish tasks we fill our days with instead of pursuing God's will for our lives. He promises to heal our land. Imagine as a nation if we would fall on our knees again what the results could be. Oh, that God would bless America again. That America would stop running from the protection of the God she once served and fall an her knees and be healed. It can happen and it starts one person's surrender to God at a time:)

My His blessing be yours!




2 comments:

  1. Someone here should have repented and stopped saying every year this comment has been erased by a sanctimonious censor and said I am sorry for wrongfully removing your comments and I should have let you do that yourself if I am supposed to be a christian. And made it easier for you to erase your comments yourself.May 13, 2020 at 10:05 PM

    Its true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all will give an account someday to God including when we commit the sin of removing peoples opinions and comments from the internet when even the writers of the bible never did that to the Pharisees when they committed the sin of blaspheming Gods Spirit.

    ReplyDelete