Thursday, August 9, 2007

Miracles Come in All Shapes and Sizes

DATE: 07/29/2007
MOOD: full of life

Miracle: an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.

Wouldn't we all love to witness a miracle. Wouldn't it be great to stand by while the Columbia river parted and people walked across to get to the other side.

I am celebrating a miracle that happened to me a few days ago. I know you are getting ready to hear about some thing big, something extraordinary like my right arm getting cut off and a new one growing back again. But though the miracle I am about to speak of is an event I believe manifested as a divine intervention in human affairs, it is not what anyone would consider significant.

I was mowing my lawn in some pretty extreme heat. It was last on my list of things to do that day and it was going to get done if it killed me. Well I was getting really tired. Now my hair is beyond shoulder length as well as thicker than a hay stack and weighs just about as much. I was thinking to myself "oh Lord help me get this done." I then thought "man if only I had put my hair up I would not be dripping with so much sweat down my neck and face." Not even five minutes later there on my lawn appeared a green pony tail holder. I do not ever remember having an army green one before. But there it was and the words sounded in my head " You ask and you receive." God shows up and plants a perma grin on my face in the midst of mowing my lawn.

God really is everywhere. My Daughter age three is always reminding me that God is all around us. A few days ago he told me hello in the way of providing me with a pony. I did finish mowing the lawn that day and lived to tell about it.

I am so thankful for a God who not only shows up to do amazing, awesome huge things in my life, but He also cares about the little things too!

Praise God for his miracles coming in king size, medium, small, and extra tiny. Praise Him for loving us enough to show us he truly cares at moments such as I had mowing my lawn.

1 comment:

  1. This is strange that no one else is spoken of except God.

    ReplyDelete